IMRC Spring 2016 Workshop #4: Design and print your own decal / sticker – Friday, April 8th at noon
Led by Meo Pourreyron
Learn how to create a sticker design using Adobe Illustrator and print it using the vinyl printer/cutter Black Cat Cougar. Limited to design within 3×3 inch measurements.
This workshop will have two main sections:
- Intro to Illustrator tracing tools (30 minutes)
- Create basic shapes. Manipulate the points of the shape with the direct selection tool.
- Importing an image from the internet and trace it with pen tool to create your own design.
- Choose the color for the sticker.
- Upload sticker design onto the PC hooked up with the printer.
- Intro to printing with Black Cat Cougar (45 minutes to 1 hour)
- Create tracing/cutting paths.
- Measure the area of printing and cutting.
- Load vinyl onto printer (choose between 10 different colors)
- Send the sticker design to print and print it.
- a Laptop with Illustrator 5 or newer (free trial versions available on Adobe.com)
- a USB drive/stick