The Fabrication Shop is the central location for building projects, creating prototypes and general fabrication of works involving shaping and assembly of wood, plastics or metals. Our Fab Studio contains both large, fixed equipment like table- and band-saws and workbenches for working with smaller hand tools. In addition to traditional tools the fabrication shop includes a large vaccu-form press for the production of prototypes in plastic. The Fab Studio is also be a tool repository, for both hand and power tools, supporting physical construction throughout the IMRC.
- Bandsaw, JET 708749B JWBS-16B, 16 in. Band Saw
- Drill Press, Delta 18-900L18-Inch Laser Drill Press
- DELTA 17-924 Mortising Attachment for drill press
- Compressed air system, Industrial Air 7.5HP, 80 Gal, 24 cfm
- Table Saw, SawStop Industrial 10” Cabinet Saw
- Miter Saw, DeWalt DW718 12” Dual-bevel Sliding Compound Miter
- Planer, DeWalt DW734 12-1/2″ Planer with Three Knife Cutter-Head
- Metalforming, 30” Jet SBR-30N SHEAR/BRAKE/ROLLER
- Vacuum Former, Formech 660
- Donaldson-Torit UMA-D 250 Dust Collector
- Custom Built Spray Booth
- Misc. Small Pneumatic & Electric Tools including cordless drills, a jig saw, a roto-zip, saws-alls, and orbital sanders.
- Misc. Hand tools such as hammers, pliers, wrenches, screw drivers, and clamps.
- Belt/Disc Sander, Jet 6”